Wednesday, September 4, 2013

A Tribute to Diana (Nyad, of course)

Authentic
Heroic
Epic
"I'm in my prime."

Bronzed
Brave
Brawny
"I'm not a quitter."

Trusting
Unwavering
Age-defying
"I have a tremendous will."

Problem-solver
Record-shatterer
Limit-buster
"You never are too old to chase your dreams."

Steady
Gutsy
Lucky
"[P]ush Cuba back, and push Florida towards you."

Sharks
Box jellyfish
Asthma
"[N]ever, ever give up."

Vomiting
Shoulder pain
Saltwater intake
"[T]o come in with my intrepid crew, it just takes all the physical pain away."

Prosthetic mask
Ribbon line
Shark Shield
"Find a way."

The iconic American extreme athlete completed a 110-mile swim from Cuba to Florida on September 2. It was her fifth try in thirty-five years. It took her nearly fifty-three hours. She is sixty-four years old.

No comments:

Post a Comment