Saturday, March 31, 2012

Taxes Schmaxes

It's that time of year
politicians fear.
Let's make things clear:
Tax Day draws near.

"Quit the delay!"
That's what I say.
The sky is gray,
perfect for filing today.

It may seem like a racket.
Yet if you learn your income bracket,
you will be able to hack it
when you get the 1040 packet.

Interest, carryover, dividends. A sage
is needed to take center stage
to compute deductions, gifts, and my measly wage.
But why do I find page after page after page?

Choose H&R Block
or an accountant. Tick tock
goes the clock
toward April 17th. F*$%!

I haven't even begun,
let alone get done.
It's not an ounce of fun.
I'd rather wear a scuba tank on a run.

I used to do estimated
when my finances were complicated
and, oh, so sophisticated.
But now funds have dissipated.

November 13, 1789, is when
Founding Father Ben--
representative of men--
wrote Jean-Baptiste Leroy by quill pen:

"[I]n this world nothing can be said to be certain,
except death and taxes."

No comments:

Post a Comment